100% full

I purchased a car from Joe Machens Mazda in Columbia, MO on October 25, 2013. I traded two junkers in and my wife and I walked out with a brand new car. We had been referred by my uncle and he received $100 dollars.

All Joe Machens dealerships have the referral program. If you refer someone and they buy a car, you will receive $100 dollars.

My wife and I showed up at my mother’s house to brag about our new car that we are proud of. My mother was amazed that we traded in the two junkers and Joe Machens paid off our current two loans. We owed more than the cars were worth.

My mother was impressed and I told her that Joe Machens in Columbia, MO was where I bought the car from and she went and traded her truck in for a new car. However she went to Joe Machens Nissan Pre-Owned and bought a brand new car. She did not go to Joe Machens Mazda where I bought a new car. While she was there she explained that I referred her before she signed anything. They said "it’s too late".

I decided to go in and talk with them and ask why I wasn't eligible for their Refer a Friend Program. The guy said he would do some checking and called me before 6PM.

At 6PM, I had not heard anything from him and called him and he said he was not able to find the time to check on it and that I need to call him tomorrow.

I called him yet again that next day and he said I'm ineligible for the $100 dollar referral program because my mother didn't come in and look for him specifically. He said I have to refer people directly to him.

Then he started playing salesman and said that if I had 20 minutes of my time to come in and he would teach me easy ways to refer my friends and family. My response was "I'm not interested in giving you guys anymore business."

Had an Experience with Joe Machens Nissan?

Comments

Also, Joe Machens didn't pay off your other car loans.You did.

If you had two cars that together were worth $8,000 and you owed $10,000 on them, then he paid off the $10,000.

$8,000 of that he took from the cars you gave him, and the other two he rolled into your new loan, plus a service fee of probably $1,000 for doing it for you. So you started out owing $3,000 before you signed for the new car.

If you would have been financing $25,000 for the new car, instead you are financing $28,000.

The worst part is he made you happy about it.

And you're worried about a *** $100 "refer a friend" marketing payment ***.

Dumb, gullible people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car dealership.

It's cute that you thought a car dealer would treat you fairly.